Taking Their Walk
There is no typical day for a person with Alzheimer’s or other related dementia. There are however activities and programs listed below that are proven to increase well-being and possibly even to help them to flourish.
- Routines: Provide a sense of well-being and safety
- Tasks: Give a sense of accomplishment and a feeling of purpose
- Physical Activity: Physical Activity has benefits on so many levels
- Pets, Music, Art, Gardening, and Massage: These are just a few of our therapeutic activities that nourish and enrich
- Community and Family events: Create strong bonds and a feeling of belonging
- Loving Care: Has no substitute
We accomplish these activities and tasks each day by “Taking their Walk” – being with them every step of the way. As such, we know their likes and preferences, their abilities, and know when they’re having a good day. We adjust our schedule to meet them where they are.
If you’d like to see a sample day click here >